- The draisine ride must be finished in the time period agreed upon.
- Instructions by draisine staff at the rental stations must be heeded and the behavioural guidelines must be adhered to.
- Behaviour at crossings:
- The vehicle must be brought to a halt in time at stop signs and draisine barriers (brake path 30-50 m!).
- Draisine barriers must be opened and closed by hand.
- There are three crossings in Altenglan and Lauterecken that have traffic lights.
- The draisine operator must show via hand signal that he or she wishes to cross the road.
- The draisine must be quickly pushed over the crossing while keeping an eye out for traffic.
- Keep a good distance – at least 50 m – to the draisine in front of you. When approaching a vehicle ahead, slow down your own draisine and initiate the brake process in time.
- During the ride, operators and passengers may not rise from their seats and are under no circumstances allowed to switch seats. Only the two bicycle seats and the bench between them are available as seats. In case of non-compliance, there is an increased risk of accidents!
- Do not linger in front of or behind a draisine standing on the tracks! Safety hazard!
- The draisine may not be coupled to one another.
- The ride may only be interrupted at one of the designated stop points. Lift the draisine off the tracks via the handles and secure them on the parking area via the lock.
- For children and adolescents up to the age of 16, usage is only allowed under the supervision of adults. Parents are responsible for their children.
- Operating or riding along on a draisine under the influence of alcohol or drugs is prohibited.
- Please keep the route and countryside clean.
- Damages to people and material in consequence of non-adherence to these behavioural guidelines will be borne by the signatory.
This project was supported via the EU joint initiative LEADER II, using funds by the European Fund for Regional Development (EFRE) and the state of Rhineland-Palatinate
The bicycle draisine is registered as a barrier-free operation (Level 1) in compliance with Rhineland-Palatinate Tourism criteria. For more information: www.barrierefrei.rlp-info.de